Monday, 26 September 2016

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie The Prenup is Clear Splitting Properties No Biggie ... But Kids Will Be

Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87


Arnold Palmer, known as "the King" for his transformative legacy in golf, has died at the age of 87.
He died Sunday evening at a Pittsburgh hospital while awaiting cardiac surgery, according to a statement from his company.
With his dominance in golf and distinctive style, Palmer helped turn the sport from a country club pursuit to one that became accessible to the masses.
He won more than 90 golf tournaments, including the Masters four times, the U.S. Open in 1960, and the British Open in 1961 and 1962.
Palmer became the first person to make $1 million playing golf.
"I would like to be remembered for bringing golf to a worldwide audience," he told CNN in 2012. "Players today have no boundaries."
He and his two great rivals in the "Big Three" -- Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus -- helped take the sport around the globe in the 1960s, capitalizing on the ever-growing reach of television. Golf grew into made-for-television events and with it came massive sponsorship and prize money. 
"He took the game from one level to a higher level, virtually by himself," wrote Nicklaus in a statement.
"Arnold always had my back, and I had his. We were always there for each other. That never changed. He was the king of our sport and always will be."
After learning to play golf at age 4, Palmer never stopped. 
 
 
 

Russia 2018 World Cup: Eagles’ll prepare well for Zambia –NFF


Eagles
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has assured that the Super Eagles would prepare well for the October 9 battle of Ndola against Zambia.
The encounter is one which both Zambia and Nigeria would do everything to win, in a bid to make a good start in a group that also has Algeria and Cameroon.
Zambia last week called up 33 players to camp ahead of the tie, while Super Eagles German coach, Gernot Rohr invited 23 players who are to start camping in Abuja from October 2.
NFF’s image maker, Demola Olajire who spoke in Lagos on the World Cup qualifier said the soccer federation is not bothered by how Zambia is preparing, but is rather focusing attention on the Eagles and how to leave Ndola unscathed.
“The NFF is committed to Nigeria qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. The board is not bothered about Zambia’s preparations. Everyone understands that they will be ready for Nigeria. What the NFF is doing is to concentrate on the Super Eagles, to ensure the team prepares well and hit Ndola battle ready.”
Meanwhile, Mainz’s defender Leon Balogun could miss the Zambia, Nigeria clash after suffering an injury  against Bayern Leverkusen on Saturday.
Balogun who was named in the Bundesliga team of the week last week, was replaced in the ninth minute of the encounter after a suspected hamstring injury.
He is expected to undergo a scan in the coming days to determine the extent of the injury and how long he stays on the sidelines.
Coach Gernot Rohr could be forced to name a replacement for the defender.
Olajire who represented the NFF at the final of the 10th edition of the Aspire Football Dreams Top 50 Camp in Lagos over the weekend gave kudos to the organizers of the grassroots project.
He said that the soccer federation is happy to partner with the programme noting that it has helped a lot of kids since inception.
“The NFF is proud to partner with the Aspire Football Dreams project and happy with the opportunities it has provided Nigerian kids. Col. Sam Ahmedu and his AFD staff have done well to keep the programme running. Nigeria has benefitted from players they have produced. Their efforts are commendable,” Olajire said.

Biafra: Buhari under fire over referendum


Biafra
Jeff Amechi, Agbodo, Onitsha, Petrus Obi, Enugu, Okey Sampson, Aba and Geoffrey Anyanwu, Awka
Frontline Igbo leaders and groups have taken President Muhammadu Buhari to task over his decision not to allow referendum on Biafra.
Buhari, during a media event in New York City at the end of his visit to the United States as the leader of Nigeria’s delegation to the 71st United Nations’ General Assembly (UNGA) had foreclosed any chance for a referendum as a path to bring healing and closure to the vexing issue of Biafra.
The president stated that the choice left for Biafran activists was to form a political party that would advance their interest within the Nigerian democratic space.
The president’s advice to Biafran’s activists came a day after commercial activities in some key cities in the South-East and South-South were grounded following a stay-at-home order by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB ).
A few weeks ago, while speaking to youth corp members who visited him at his country home in Daura, Katsina State, Buhari impressed on them to ask their friends to forget Biafra.
But in separate reactions yesterday, former president-general of the Igbo apex group, Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide, Dr. Dozie Ikedife and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), IPOB and others descended on the president.
Dr. Ikedife and MASSOB said said President Buhari cannot stop referendum on Biafra.
Ikedife described Biafra as unforgettable, questioning what President Buhari would allow if he was averse to referendum.
“Since he will not allow referendum, then the logical thing to ask him is, is this democracy or dictatorship? Is it his will or the will of the people that will prevail? These are the natural things that follow. Is it his discretional will or the will of the people that will prevail?
“If he won’t allow referendum, what will he allow? Does he remember that any group of indigenous people has right for self-determination? And when we are talking about referendum is not for him to vote, it does not concern him.
So, whether he allows it or not, when the time comes referendum will take place and people will be allowed to express their opinion and their wish. And I am sure that the reaction of the civilised world to such a statement will be a measure of shock and surprise, so let him think again.”
Leader of MASSOB, Comrade Uchenna Madu said Buhari was only bluffing as the Biafra referendum would commence first quarter of next year.
“President Buhari’s latest comment on Biafra further proved his is jittery, confused and unable to quench the fire of determination and consciousness of Biafra.
“The just concluded United Nations General Assembly which Buhari attended have dawn it on him that Biafra actualisation and restoration to independent and full statehood can no longer be ignored. The world leaders have shown their sympathies for the oppressive and subjective economic policies of Buhari-led Nigeria government against the industrious and creative people of Biafra.
“The Oriental, Asian and Western world are seriously in support of Biafra because 60 per cent of their economic growths are been propelled by the industrious people of Biafra. It has dawn on President Buhari that the universal clamour for Biafra referendum to determine the choice of the people of Biafra between his Nigeria and Biafra have reached greater height of momentum which he can’t deny.”
According to him: “The Biafra referendum which Buhari cannot stop will commence on first quarter of 2017. The United Nation has already announced that Nigeria is deeply divided on ethnic and religious lines. Nigeria is an artificial creation of the British colonial masters through Lord Luggard.
“With President Buhari’s latest comment on our precious Biafra, MASSOB, IPOB, Biafra People National Council (BPNC) and Niger Delta Biafra groups will redouble all our efforts, synergies, political cohesion and build more understandable platforms for speedy actualization and restoration of Biafra.”
While MASSOB plans to begin the Biafra referendum in 2017, IPOB said referendum or not, Biafra has come to stay.
In fact, it argued that the issue of referendum was settled on September 23 with the full compliance of the sit-at-home order by the people of South East and South South and those in the Diaspora. It, therefore, said anybody talking about referendum for Biafra, was living in the past.
The younger brother of the detained IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, Prince Emmanuel Kanu said the movement was not in any way perturbed by what Buhari said since the referendum had already been conducted on Biafra.
“We are not in any way perturbed by what the president said, perhaps he never knew we had already conducted referendum for Biafra and the result was very successful and encouraging.”
Kanu said what the president had refused to acknowledge was that Biafra was ahead of him and the Federal Government, stressing that it was laughable that Buhari was talking of not allowing a plebiscite that was held three days ago.
“IPOB is ahead of Buhari and his Federal Government; it is laughable that the Nigerian president is still thinking of not allowing a referendum on Biafra that was held three day ago, that shows he is living in the past. The sit-at-home order of September 23 which the people, even those in the Diaspora complied with was the referendum we needed on Biafra and no other. The people have spoken, we are almost there and we are grateful.”
He urged all Biafrans not to lose  sleep over the president’s comment, stressing that in no distant time they would get to the Promised Land where they would no more be oppressed.
Also, the Media and Publicity Secretary of IPOB, Mr. Emma Powerful, said its (Biafra) fathers and grandfathers in 1967 never expected a referendum before the declaration of Biafra.
“It’s unfortunate that Mr. president is still confused about the struggle for Biafra, the statement credited to him far away USA proves that he is undergoing serious pressure about Biafra.
“The people of former Eastern region declared Biafra Republic in 1967 and fought a war for the new republic through their leaders, the late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and Philip Effiong. They never expected a referendum before the declaration of Biafra but our fathers from the East then fought the war without looking backward.
“Also, the statement proved that the president is jittery over the popularity of Biafra internationally and he cannot stop it because Biafra is the will of the people in the whole South-South and South-East of Nigeria.
“In or around the world, the presidents who are clueless on such matters like this always make such statement because he doesn’t want the citizens to blame him. It happened during the colonial rule in Nigeria, but they later succumb to the pressures.
“It was the same President Buhari at the UN, that  supported the creation of Palestine from Israel but cannot allow the peaceful people of Biafra who are agitating for freedom,” IPOB lamented.
“Is President Buhari trying to imply that if the UN passes a resolution that Biafra should have a Referendum that he will go against it?” he queried.
But, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, said  it was still studying the President’s position.
“We just read about it today; he thought about it before he said it, we shall also think about it too before issuing a statement on it. For now we are not ready with a statement yet,” Secretary-General of Ohanaeze, Dr. Joe Nwaorgu said.
On his part, Evangelist Elliot Uko, president, Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) said  restructuring of Nigeria was inevitable.
“Anybody who doesn’t know that is deceiving himself. Restructuring Nigeria into six regions is inevitable; it’s the only way to save Nigeria. Anybody who doesn’t realise that is living in another world. Nigeria must be restructured.”
Meanwhile, MASSOB  has again taken her case to the world body.
In a release titled: “United Nations, this is the appointed time for you to liberate Biafra” and signed by the Director General, Organisation of Biafra Music and Film Authority (OBMFA), David Chinedu Eboson, MASSOB said the United Nations should listen to the yearnings of the Biafra people.
The release stated that the international convention on civil and political rights recognises self-determination by a people and that by virtue of that right, “a people can freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.”

Army to deploy 1,900 personnel, 6 drones, 6 gunboats


tukur-buratai
A total of 1,900 military personnel would participate in the governorship election rescheduled for Wednesday, September 28.
In addition, two drones are to be deployed  in each of the three senatorial districts and six gunboats for the riverine areas.
The Commander, 4 Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Brigadier-General
Benbela Raji disclosed this yesterday evening while briefing journalists shortly after a combined security meeting with the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) and other sister agencies in Benin.
He explained that the military personnel would not be found at either the voting or collation centres but would cordon off adjoining routes to the polling units to ensure that untoward elements, criminals or people who want to cause confusion are not allowed into those areas primarily.
“‎The Nigerian Army is there to play a supportive role to the security agencies. Should there be issues or security challenges beyond the control of the security agencies, the military will, of course, be activated to take care of such situations‎”‎, he said.
Also speaking, the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris announced that the enforcement of the restriction of movement in and out of the state would ‎commence at 1am on Wednesday.
Idris, who spoke through the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of oprations, Joshak Habila said the restriction would include a lock down of all highways within the state and inroads, adding that the police would also conduct “semi-temporary checks” on vehicles and persons plying such roads.
“I want members of the public to know that at 1am on September 28, the highways, the in-ways and the out roads, roads that are leading into Edo and those ones going out, will be locked down.
“There will be semi-temporary checks on vehicles and personalities using the roads”‎, the IGP explained, disclosing that the crime-mapping of flash points had been done to ensure adequate policing and arrest of electoral offenders.
He ‎also explained that in addition to the provision of 25,000 personnel and patrol vehicles for the poll, the air wing of the police had also deployed helicopters to provide aerial surveillance in the three senatorial districts, just as he announced that‎ four gunboats would also be deployed in the riverine areas.
“ As I as speak to you, we have a large number of men from the special anti-robbery squad, ‎men from the police mobile force, tactical operations squad and men from the force intelligence bureau, who are here.
“They have their vehicles. From now, they will go into the three senatorial districts and carry out aggressive patrol and look out for would-be troublemakers, some of whom we have captured their behaviour when we did what we call crime analysis.
“We have shared information with other security agencies and we are ready to make sure that we do not allow anybody to truncate the system, “the police boss said.
Reacting to allegations by the PDP of connivance of the police with the All Progressives Congress (APC) to interfere with the credibility of the election, the DIG said: “I have never heard and it can never happen. ‎I do not think that anybody has any plan. Of course, we are not the people conducting the election.
“We are responsible for the security and safety of materials and everybody that is concerned. It is the INEC that conducts the election. So, we do not have any opportunity to tamper with the process.‎”
Meanwhile, the Edo State Government has exempted banks and corporate organisations from the public holiday declared for Tuesday, September 27.
The State Government had declared a public holiday for Tuesday, September 27 and Wednesday, September 28, 2016.
The public holiday was declared to enable voters in the state travel to their various locations and exercise their voting rights on Wednesday, September 28.
But in a statement last night, the state government explained that banks and corporate organisations have now been exempted from the public holiday on Tuesday, September 27 in order not to slow down the economy of the state.
“The general public should, however, note that the public holiday on Wednesday, September 28 affects everyone in the state as there is a restriction of movement on the election day in accordance with the Electoral Act,” the statement said.

Sunday, 25 September 2016

1 dead, 6 wounded in shootings near Illinois university campus


Preliminary investigations suggest that two separate shooting incidents near the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, which cost one man his life and wounded six others, were related, according to a statement posted by the city of Champaign.
Police are looking for the suspect or suspects in both incidents, which occurred early Sunday morning.
In the first shooting, Champaign police said an argument during a party inside an apartment spilled out into the street. There a fight broke out and shots were fired.
Four people who were not involved in the fight were injured, police said.
They were taken to to area hospitals, where one person later died from his injuries.
Police identified the victim as George Korchev. Police say Korchev was just walking by by the area when he was killed.
A fifth person running from the gunfire was struck by a vehicle and suffered minor injuries, Champaign police said.
Police are also seeking the driver involved in the vehicle accident.
Thirty minutes later, just after 1:00 am, police say a second shooting occurred nearby and a victim with a non-life-threatening gunshot wounds was transported to the hospital.
One of the surviving gunshot victims is a University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign student, according to university spokeswoman Robin Kaler. Kaler said the second shooting occurred in an area where there are a lot of shops and restaurants.

Jordanian writer who shared cartoon mocking ISIS killed outside courthouse

An ambulance at the scene of the attack on Jordanian writer Nahed Hattar Sunday.

A prominent Jordanian writer facing charges for sharing a "blasphemous" anti-ISIS cartoon that outraged Muslim groups was fatally shot in Amman on Sunday.
Nahed Hattar, a member of the country's Christian minority, was shot three times outside a courthouse in the capital where charges against him were being heard.
Public Security Department personnel, who were near the scene of the attack, rushed Hattar to a nearby hospital, but he died from his injuries.
The security forces arrested the attacker and an investigation is underway